<CT> Site found re LFN Details

  • From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:41:20 -0400

Sorry List! if I've already mentioned this site before, I can't find my last
post to confirm.

I've found a site that explains some details about how Long File Names work.
Some of it I don't fully understand yet.  I suppose it may kick in after a
few more readings and maybe of the Unicode linked info.  It is:
http://www.mossywell.com/boot-sequence/
The LFN part is located last.  I am taken by his opening line:
"Let's look at long file names in Windows 9x, NT and 2000. The rules are
quite simple."
Perhaps this may shed some insight on how to make this a Win3.1 routine.

The link re Unicode is:
http://www.unicode.org/

...still hopeful...  --Bill