<CT> Seeking printer driver

  • From: "Martin B. Brilliant" <mbrilliant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:32:37 -0500

I'm running Windows for Workgroups 3.11 on a Toshiba T2400CS laptop, with
Calmira of course. There is no printer connected directly to the laptop; it's
networked with my desktop systems.

An Epson Stylus Color 740 inkjet printer is connected to a desktop running
Windows Me, with an Epson LQ-860 driver on the laptop (because the Epson 740
driver reports a network error).

A Brother HL-1440 laser printer is connected to a desktop running Windows XP,
with an HP LaserJet Series II driver on the laptop (because Brother has no
Win3.x drivers for that printer).

I'm looking for a PCL-4 driver that supports 600dpi for the laser printer.

The printer supports PCL-4 and is capable of resolutions up to 1200x600dpi,
but the LaserJet II driver supports only 300dpi and lower. The LaserJet 4
driver supports 600dpi, but it generates PCL-5 code, which the Brother printer
doesn't understand. Brother has a PCL-4 driver that supports 600dpi, but not
for Win3.x.

Does anybody know of any printer driver that generates PCL-4 code and supports
600dpi?
--
                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ