<CT> Re: running wfwg under win98/xp

  • From: Ross Nelson <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:43:11 -0500

On Jul 15, 2004, at 12:28 AM, Tim Klassen wrote:

> and running again.  At that time it was suggested that I use Bochs, so
> downloaded it and fiddled around a bit but didn't get it working
> (seems to
> be very complex/cumbersome to configure -- at least for me).

Yes, it is.

> Has anyone discovered an easy way to get WFWG running on a new
> machine?  I'd
> really appreciate the help.  (And as I mentioned a few months ago, I
> think
> it would really help Calmira if a program/link to accomplish this was
> created with Calmira)

Someone on this list has to be running it with newer hardware...I
remember someone (l33tpl4y4?) telling me on AIM/MSN a couple of years
back that they were running it on a 1ghz machine, and they weren't
alone.  I'm sure someone's found a way to get some newer hardware
working with Win3 on newer hardware (that's automatically supported,
like the processor).

> BTW, I used Calmira for many years and still think that it's one of
> the best
> freeware programs written for win3.1/wfwg.

Ehem?  /One/ of the best?  ;)

Ross