<CT> Re: program too big to fit into memory

  • From: "Botond B. Balazs" <balazsbb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:39:17 -0000

Date sent:              Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:47:41 -0800 (PST)
From:                   "Zeb M." <bronzebird35@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject:                <CT> program too big to fit into memory
To:                     calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Send reply to:          calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> This is an off list topic.
> hi all,
> I have an old laptop that runs wfw 3.11. whenever i
> try to boot the computer up, it gets to where windows
> is to load and gives a message that says "program is
> too big to fit into memory." Can anybody help? System
> specs are below.
I had this problem when the splash screen image in the win.com
was too big (I think bigger than 46K, but I'm not sure). Try to rebuild
the file from th original vgalogo.rle, vgalogo.lgo and win.cnf with the
copy /B command. I think the command will something like this:
COPY /B WIN.CNF+VGALOGO.RLE+VGALOGO.LGO
but I'm not sure if the order is correct.

But many other reasons can be...

Botond B. Balazs from Hungary