<CT> Re: old motherboard, VCDs, and other

  • From: "Martin B. Brilliant" <mbrilliant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:13:51 -0500

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 at 06:12:24 -0000, "Ricardo Rita"
<ricardo_rita@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ... m912 v1.7. ... I came across with reports that the cache is
> fake!! How can I know if it's working or not then?

A Google search on   m912 pcchips   turned up
http://mobokive.dyndns.org/Archive/PcChips/486_M9xx/m912/
which is an index of links including one for a manual in German, but
with no board version numbers. I didn't try to download anything
from it. Good luck.

Another link that turned up in the search led me to
http://motherboards.mbarron.net/specs.htm
which shows two entries for the M912 v:1.7, one of which is noted to
have fake chips. Following up more links I came to an image with the
following text superimposed on it:

        Our techs at WebHQ Canada sliced open a complete set of these
        fake chips finding only hollowed plastic inside. Don't be
        fooled by what the BIOS reports, dload our cache test utility,
        result = zero cache.... These fake chips are soldered directly
        to board without sockets and the jumpers are hardwired to read
        256K.

There was also supposed to be a downloadable manual on this site,
but the download link failed when I tried it.

--
                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ