<CT> Re: new to calmira

  • From: "Lonnie Cumberland" <lonnie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 09:31:32 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, there are still many issues with the MAC platform and we are
still investigating possible solutions for this as well.

> AFAIK, all MSIE versions at least since 4.0 are licensed as
> updates  to the Windows OS, and you can't legally use them unless
> you have a  licensed copy of MS Windows. Of course you can
> install IE anywhere  you like as long as you don't tell anybody,
> but telling people to use  MSIE on a Windows clone is a horse of
> another color.

I was not aware of this complete issue with MSIE and will look into
it more before we actually do any installs.

In any case, I am looking to use Calmira as the base GUI for this
project as I think that everyone has done a great job on it.

Thanks for the inormation,
Lonnie