<CT> Re: new to calmira

  • From: "Lonnie Cumberland" <lonnie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 20:19:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Phillip,

> I'm curious, what is your "InterCruise HL" project about and what
> would it have to do  with Calmira if anything?

Actually this is a very ambitious project that we are working on that
will be freely given out to people as a direct competitor to M$S.

Out "InterCruise HL" project is meant to take the best parts of
Windows, Linux, and MAC to offer a complete homogeneous OS from which
the user can run any (or just about any) existing application from
these platforms transparently. Basically they will be able to install
their application and run it with out the need to worry which
platform it was written for. InterCruise HL also offers transparent
clustering and filesystem encryption. All of which can easily be
configured to meet the users needs.

We were looking at Calmira as the possible GUI to the OS and are
looking to get the look/feel of Windows 2000 or XP as the base for
the desktop and taskbar. We could then build the extra applications
and we also are looking to include Microsofts own free IE5.5 or IE6
along with many other great pieces.

Our goal is to combat MS in the same way that they beat out Netscape.

"The hunter now becomes the hunted!!!"
Cheers,
Lonnie