<CT> Re: new to calmira

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 22:40:13 +0200

Lonnie Cumberland wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am new to Calmira and have just download and installed Borland
> Delphi 6 Pascal compiler for this purpose.
>
> I am coming from VC++ 6.0 and may ask a few dumb questions so please
> forgive me for this.
>
> I wanted to try and find some calmira project file inte the sources
> that I could open in my new Delphi compiler but I did not find any.
>
> Could someone please point me in the right direction so that I can
> compile the Calmira project?

Hi,

I don't think Calmira will compile under Delphi 6. Calmira was written
and build using Delphi 1, the only 16-bit version ever to come out. If
ever a 32-bit version (for Win NT 3.51) is to come out, it will be built
using Delphi 2.

There are two type of source files under Delphi (which I'm sure have not
changed); projects (.DPR) and units (.PAS). Calmira.dpr is the main
project file. Open this one first, then open the unit(s) you want to
work on.

What is your purpose? Calmira is not a programmer's tool, nor it is
intended for win32 platforms. It is a 16-bit application. Delphi is just
a tool used to create Calmira.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter