<CT> Re: file missing?

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 11:23:13 +0200

Lonnie Cumberland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Actually I came across that just after I sent the email, but now it
> is complaining about not finding a Menus.pas file.
>
> I have installed the Delphi 6 which is supposed to have Delphi 1
> compatability.

Menus should be in the standard library path. And no, D6 is not supposed
to be D1 compatible. D6 is 32-bit, and there is too much 16-bit specific
(assembler) code in Calmira that will either not compile, or crash when
it is running. Also, all 16-bit API calls need to be ported to 32-bit
calls.

I think your best bet is to look for another shell replacement written
in Delphi, like GXExplorer, that will compile under D6.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter