<CT> Re: dos6.22 disk image???

  • From: "Bill Marcum" <bmarcum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:02:02 +0500

> On Mar 7, the keyboard of Hugues Cordier emitted this:
>
> >SGksDQoNCj5UaGlzIHNvdW5kcyBzaWxseSwgYnV0IEkgY2FuJ3QgZmluZCBhIGJvb3QgZ
> >GlzayBm
> >b3IgDQo+ZG9zNi4yMiAgSSd2ZSB0cmllZCB1c2luZyA3LCBidXQgSSBjb3VsZG4ndCBnZ
> >XQgd2Z3
> WHAT is this?!?

I don't know whether it is a bug in the mailing list, or in Mr.
Cordier's mail software, or yours and mine, but his message was
encoded in base64 and the headers said "Content-Transfer-Encoding:
8bit".  There were some strange 8-bit characters after the signature,
which might have caused the problem.  When decoded properly, his
message said:

Hi,

>This sounds silly, but I can't find a boot disk for
>dos6.22  I've tried using 7, but I couldn't get wfwg311
(...)

You'll be able to find Dos 6.22 Bootdisk at http://www.bootdisk.com
By example :
http://www.mirrors.org/archived_software/www.bootdisk.com/winfiles/boo