<CT> Re: delphi 6

  • From: "Bob C." <ad506@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:26:49 -0400

Erwin,

Have you, or anyone else on the list, downloaded the Delphi 6.0 Personal
Edition?   I did, all 140MB, and it installed fine, so as a newbie Delphi
student, I immediately tried the Tutorial, which supposedly lets you create,
step-by-step, a Notepad-like application.   After going through the first
few steps, I came to an impasse.

The instruction says to double-click on the  "Action Manager" icon in the
"Additional" tab of the Components area, to add it to the form.   I simply
cannot find such a beast, no matter how long I've looked.  The only hint was
in the Help files, which implied that it might not be in the version I have.
I find this really odd, since it's part of the tutorial.

Anyone else experience this problem?   Obviously, I can go no further until
I sort this out.

Thanks for any help you can give.

            Bob