<CT> Re: calmira.org

  • From: Gaby.Chaudry@xxxxxxxxxxx (Gaby Chaudry)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:04:43 +0100

René,

> Didn't they delete it without permission? That would suggest that that
> domain rightly belongs to Gaby, so they (ICANN) should give it back.

No, unfortunately not. Robin didn't pay his bill, therefore the domain
just expired (normally your ISP will renew it automatically). After the
expiration date, the domain will stay another 35 to 45 days with the
old provider and then will be free to register for everybody.

Only if you've got a trademark, you've got the right to get the domain.
There are other cases (company name etc.) in which you've got a
chance to win a law suite against the owner, but there is no
guarantee. Normally in these cases it is recommended to negotiate
with the owner instead of running the risk to have to pay for the
court/lawyer etc. if you loose.

Anyway, for a company paying some thousand dollars is "peanuts",
but unfortunately not for people like us....

So we better stay with calmira.de and calmira.net, it's not a bad
choice after all.

Bye, Gaby

--
press any key to continue or any other key to quit