<CT> Re: calmira.org

  • From: Gaby.Chaudry@xxxxxxxxxxx (Gaby Chaudry)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:29:53 +0100

Hi Erwin, hi all!

> Don't bother... they are domain harvesters, running continuous requests
> for (dead) domains, in order to cash in on sold ads. The only way to
> obtain calmira.org now, is to file a complaint through ICANN
> (icann.org).

Mmmh, does anybody know more about the legal background of
.ORG applications? I only know that for .INFO domains a trademark
holder or the owner of a company by that name is served first (for
that reason I didn't get cpm.info). As for .DE, it's similar, i.e.
everybody can register every name, but if somebody with a
trademark etc. sues you, you've lost.

Normally, an Organisation should have the right to get the
appropriate .ORG domain, but often there's a big gap between right
and righteousness.....

> If that is too much of a hasle, calmira.net is still free...

I've registered that one right now, just in case... :-)

Bye, Gaby

--
Mrs. Gaby Chaudry
Wirtstr. 10, 81539 Muenchen, Germany