<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V5 #44

  • From: GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:06:23 EDT

In a message dated 07/14/04 6:18:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  <CT> Re: Long time

 From: "Casolai !" <casolai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 Subject: <CT> Re: Long time
 Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:07:43 -0600

 Just want you to know that I still use Calmira on my favorite 16bit IBM PS/2
 computer, and am still patiently waiting for any further
 developments/bugfixes/updates!   :)

 Thanks for making the best ever piece of Windows 3.1x software and please
 don't give up on it.

 Casolai

Hi Casolai!

I still use Calmira everyday as well...have it on an old Compaq Deskpro XL
575,
Pentium 75 w/32 meg RAM, 1 gig SCSI HD.  You mentioned an IBM PS2, hehe,
I have one of those as well.  It's an old Model 5500SX, a 16 mHz 386SX, has a
big old 29 meg (megabytes, hehe, not gigabytes!) hard drive and 5 meg RAM.
I don't run Windows on it, just DOS 6.22.  It's been a few months, but I have
even accessed the Internet with the old girl, even though the modem is an
internal Racal-Vadic 2400, 2400 baud!  Too slow for much of anything other
than
plain text mode, via Lynx 386 for DOS, NetMail DOS, etc.
Have fun with your PS2!
See you later!

GLENNRPH
Glenn Gilbreath Jr.