<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V3 #80

  • From: JGrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Stephan Grossklass)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 14:40:38 +0200

> Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:03:40 -0600 (MDT)
> From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> Test post

> Don't mind me, I think there's a glitch somewhere, trying to smoke
> it out...

Not a whole lot going on here, huh?

> (knock three times if you can't hear me <g>)

*knock, knock, knock* ;)

While we're at it: Why is Calmira 3.3 only available with installer?
Having an installer is a nice thing for sure, but I always preferred the
plain zipped version. (Real Men[tm] don't need installers. <g>)
Have to admit I'm almost totally NTized now and don't use Calmira very
often, since the boxes with WfW don't see much use these days. (BTW: If
you should ever consider upgrading a 486 with a Pentium Overdrive, I'd
reconsider that. Yes, its FPU is fast enough to allow decent MP3
playback, and Duke Nukem 3D runs fairly well in 640x480, but OTOH the
processor has a few timing issues - 16-bit Netscape 4.08 now refuses to
work altogether. What does one call that? Up-and-downgrade?)

Stephan
--
Stephan's Mobile Computing Center ;)
a.k.a. Dell Latitude CPt C400GT