<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V3 #23

  • From: AVTEKKI@xxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:53:16 EST

In a message dated 2/5/02 2:14:52 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
listar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hiya Gang!
>  I have read about another application for DOS that resembles the Win9X
>  Taskbar, something called WinDOS if I remember correctly.  I don't know the
>  specifics, and have never tried it...just thought I'd throw the name in
the
>  ring.
>  A search at www.google.com for WinDOS should turn up some good leads
>  for download.  IIRC, it's also freeware, but that may have changed since
the
>  time I read about it.
>  See you later!
>  Glenn
>  http://members.aol.com/GLENNRPH/glennrph.htm

Hi All,

Here is a result of the above search that appears to be the "Home Page".

It is interesting and good looking, and there is also a DOS MIDI Player to
download, as well as a WinDOS version for 80286 processors which I think I
may apply to my "antique" IBM, Compaq, Zenith portables.

The pages and downloads are quite slow (or were for me anyhow), but I thought
they were worth the wait.

http://www.spaceports.com/~ande/windos.html

Good luck, and take care, Bob.