<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V3 #101

  • From: "Martin B. Brilliant" <mbrilliant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:14:46 -0400

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 00:01:02 EDT, BEN09880@xxxxxxx wrote:

> coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > placement sorta like Calmira=2E=2E=2E not really=2E=2E=2E but the
> Um...were the funky characters you see above in my previous post
> see by all?  Or did AOheLL screw up the repost? ...

I suppose you're all familiar with LIST, the DOS utility by Vern
Buerg. It shows files exactly as they are, optionally in hexadecimal.
I keep it on all my Win32 systems, and use it often. It tells me AOL
did not screw up; the original message (as saved by Pegasus Mail)
looks perfectly normal.

No, the problem is with the mailer used by coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
who wrote

> http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E

Each =2E is evidently supposed to be a dot, point, period, or
whatever else it's used for, the ordinary punctuation character.

                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ