<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V2 #9

  • From: John P Lane <jawpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:56:17 -0500

 >Get a hex editor and edit \windows\system\user.exe
 >You can do some really fun things with it. =)
Oooh that is so fun (But tricky), I did it myself back when my 486DX Win
3.1 box worked. Unfortunately I found out the hard way to be very very
carefull when editing it (BTW I used Norton Utilities some old dos
version). Too bad that old box is dead. I sure miss it ;(. I think the
BIOS finaly went bad on the motherboard. I loved the motherboard on it
though the chip holder on it was a socket 3 zif one, & it had 1 8 bit
ISA, 3 16 bit ISA & 3 VESA slots:), Altough it only had a monochrome
moniter. I wish that thing still worked cus it woulda made a pretty nice
abandonware gaming computer.
Later,
        JawPaul