<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V2 #54

  • From: Alan Grimes <alangrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 17:47:20 -0500

> That'd be cool...a new breed of Calmira.  CalWin, a replacement for
> Windows 3.1.  ;)

Yeah. It would feature multiple virtual machines... All windows
applications run in the same VM... When you open a DOS window of any
kind under win3.11 it runs in a fully protected and preemptable VM...

> There's always decompilers!  Hehehe.  I tried a decompiler on a VB app
> of mine once...didn't work.  :-\  High quality!

Visual basic uses its own byte code. You would need a VB decompiler...

I have had great luck decompiling stuff like the DPMI host that I use to
run quake. Unfortunately Decompiling is only half the work of
reverse-engineering something... It would be far easier and more
effective to break into microsoft and steal the spec...

I doubt our lawyers could do it... =(

--
People who work on computers use linux; People who work on life use
Macintosh =)