<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V2 #197

  • From: Klaus.Osswald@xxxxxxxxxxx (Klaus J. Osswald)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 03:56:03 -0800

Martin B. Brilliant wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:08:45, "George R. Stilwell, Jr."
> <GRSJr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The Amazon help people say I have to switch to WIN9x and use Real
> Player

> > 8.0. And give up Calmira? You've got to be kidding.

Niay !  Why so negativ ?  Why droppin' Calmira becuase of one single item
that it can't fulfill
for you ?

> > Surely there's a solution to this dilemma.

Why not keeping Calmira as a stable backup system & adding a second system
that
can fulfill your experimental tasks with Realplayer for you ?

> Not kidding. In the first place, it doesn't pay for commercial
> outfits to develop software for operating systems that few people
> use.

Depending on the purpose of the software as seen in the long run of
course.
All idealists, Bill Gates included, did think big & with a holistic point
of view in the beginning.

> Windows 3.x has a glorious past, but there's no future in it.

Right, there is no future in Windows 3.x because it doesn't require one.
a) Win 3.x is a system that's developed with present time workability in
mind.
b) Win 3.x gets it's tomorrows realisations created through constant
interrelated Calmira
    specifications & highly responsible development efforts ( my regards
to E. Doctor & friends)
Alsol, any system as soon as it enters the commercial cycle will turn back
into itself at some point in time, maybe under a different name & modified
qualities, but factually still the same.

> That's really another example of the same principle. Microsoft knows
> about the bug in their drivers, but didn't bother to create a fix for
> any
> version lower than Windows 95 OSR 2.

Sure, Microsoft wants & has to keep up the dynamics of getting fresh
software pulled together for the
purpose of keeping the economical wheel turning on there side of the
competitional race, which is ok.
It sure isn't the kind of corporation we should apply for developing
individual software solutions, nor should we blame them for not doing so.
There is other specifications, such as the different kind of Linux
distros, which certainly are a better choice for pioneering ways into
areas which require a certain individualized flexible kind of milieu.
Also, from my own experience Linux works nicely together with Calmira &
recent innovations
such as 'Kylix' = Delphi for Linux seem beautifully tribute to a dual
system, which would be a natural solution after all.

Sincerely

Klaus