<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V2 #103

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 21:19:50 -0600 (MDT)

On May 23, Martin B. Brilliant directed electrons to calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>Some people have all the luck. Maybe it's because you're using newer
>versions than I did. The latest version I can find near at hand is
>Red Hat 5.2.

Egads, I could write a book on how hard it was for me to install Redhat
5.1 (My first install). Since then, I have done a few installs of
various much newer distributions of Linux for friends, coworkers, and at
a couple user group installfests, and I can attest that Linux installs
are now *waaay* easier, perhaps *easier* than installing Windows. Hell,
it's so easy it's almost boring <g>

Martin, try http://www.cheapbytes.com - with the CD, and S&H, you can
get a distro CD(s) for $10, or perhaps less. I use that site for any
Linux CDs I need to get.

Alternatively, you can seek out a local Linux User Group (LUG), who may
be happy to give or loan you a CD (unlike M$, it's perfectly ok to share
the CDs and install to any # of computers).

-=Brian=-