<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V1 #42

  • From: "Ross Nelson" <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 08:02:06 -0600

>Many thanks! It's Saturday for me, by the way.

The day before the day before Christmas.  =)  Hehehe.

> > Yeah, but I usually press *too* rapidly and I get what I call the
>'beeping
> > effect', which I'm sure you've all experienced.
>
>Holding down the control key (CTRL) also works, and you don't get the
>so-called "beeping effect."

Instead of or with F5/8?

>it was my birthday yesterday, and all my cards were sent over
>the net. well i suppose it's a start to the paperless home.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

:)

Now this last birthday, but the one before, my mom and one of her friends
flooded me with eCards.  That was annoying.  :)

---

Okay.  Yesterday, I visited dosos.com (site for alternate OSes...Be, Linux,
OS/2, Dr-DOS, FreeDOS, etc.  I went to Dr-DOS and FreeDOS's sites.  The comp
froze, and I couldn't remember the Dr-DOS Site so I went back to FreeDOS's
site.  In about 4 hours total, I had reformatted C: and D: (two physical
hard drives) and got MSDOS on C: and FreeDOS on D:.  It's working perfectly
(other than both drives being at 100% capacity?!?!?!??).  I even have my
mini distro of Linux.  I used config.sys to create a startup menu, and it
loads the one I want.  The only problem is the path.  I got FreeDOS to run
D:\autoexec.bat and MSDOS to load C:\autoexec.bat.  However, I can't get
FreeDOS to set more than one path, and it can't use ':' or '\'.  Anyone have
any suggestions?

If I get that working, I just need to fix my mouse (haha) so I can get back

--------

Ross
MERRY CHRISTMAS!