<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V1 #4

  • From: "Ross Nelson" <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 20:07:15 CDT

---
I'm still dreaming of a Cal32 -- I bet you get your CALinux before I
get a new shell for win98 :o(((
---

I prefer Cal32 also, KDE works fine for me (don't want to hear about Gnome...I'll try it when I get Linux on my own comp, Brian and Greg). Explorer hates Windows and this comp at the same time, causing TOO MANY crashes, even for Win.

---
Mind I'm not so sure linux will make it as a consumer product just
yet... I'm running a dos based zipslack version and have only just got
my mouse to work after a year (probably as I get so frustrated I only
boot into linux when I'm bored)... not really for someone who just
wants to type a letter :o(
---

Obvious. But, it's stable, secure, faster (on a Gateway 2K with 64mbs RAM, some ghz processor) than Win, and more fun to screw with. :) I use a mini-distro of Linux on my 486 (which Calmira is on, but Win doesn't load anything (maybe shell= is blank)), in just console. It's my relief from Win when I can't telnet to a shell. :)

~ Back from drooling over Linux ~

So, Erwin, any plans on porting Calmira to other OSes, including the much wanted Cal32 and CALinux, as well as Mac (LoL), OS/2 (anyone got a copy of that they don't want? I am not sure the details of it, but I want it :) ), etc?

Ross