<CT> Re: Windows question

  • From: Alan Grimes <alangrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:01:49 -0500

William P Grant wrote:

> To the list:
>
> In my root directory is a hidden file called 386part.par.  Its other
> attributes are system and archive.  It contains e mail addresses and
> subject lines, full and partial e mails, error messages, urls and lots > of
> stuff I assume are web pages and graphics.  Some stuff dates back to
> 2 years ago.  This file is 11.5 megs.  Is there any way to trim it down
> so I can reclaim some of that space?

Yes, in win 3.11, call up the control pannel and adjust the 386 enhanced
settings. =)
If you do anything to that file in DOS, 'doze won't load. =\

--
Perhaps I will upgrade my OS from win 3.11...
But It has to be *better* than win 3.11...

Unsolicited "spam" messages to this account are subject to usage fees
and
in cases of fraud or egregeous abuse, prosecution.