<CT> Re: Website overhaul / Re: Mail-Box watcher

  • From: JGrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Stephan Grossklass)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:23:46 +0200

> Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:40:16 +0100
> From: David Burgess <d.burgess@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> Website overhaul

> I've given my site a facelift, primarily with more Calmira information and
> screenshots (for CT) and a growing list of Delphi projects (for
> programmers). The address is the same: http://www.d.burgess.clara.net
>
> Hope you enjoy it.

The site looks a bit, err, strange here. To illustrate this, I've
uploaded a PNG image:
http://www.i24.com/images/dburgess.png

If some of you are running a high resolution and are wondering why the
font on Netscape's (4.0x) buttons is so small, install MS Sans Serif
(8514/A res.) instead of MS Sans Serif (VGA res.). I finally solved this
mystery :). BTW if some of you are running Netscape 4.08 in German, then
the following page may be interesting:
http://www.i24.com/de/win31/tips/ncmod_de.htm
There you'll also find the reason for the X-BrokenID header in my mail.

> Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:16:52 +0200
> Subject: <CT> Mail-Box watcher

> Does anyone know a very simpel Mailbox-Watching tool ???
> I need to check around 20 Mailboxes and it must display
> how many mails are in.

Maxim's mail checker - it has already been suggested.

[snip]
> If anyone can programm it because I have lost my Conner
> CFS850A and curently I have not enough money to buy a new
> one. So my Delphi 1.0, VB 4.0 and BCC 4.0 is in coma...

Hard drives like this cost some DM 20-30 (de.markt.comp.hardware.*) -
even I could afford that (well, not currently, since my
4-year-old-yet-new-in-box graphics cards is going to arrive soon,
hopefully)!? You shouldn't buy such things at ePay, of course...

> Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:32:22 -0500
> From: Ross Nelson <rnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> Re: Mail-Box watcher

> >Does anyone know a very simpel Mailbox-Watching tool ???
> >I need to check around 20 Mailboxes and it must display
> >how many mails are in.

> Does anyone know of one of these for Win95+ (I'm in 2K)?
> I would like to have Eudora and Outlook open, but I don't
> have the RAM for that.

Maxim's mail checker also works for Win95+ as far as a 16-bit winsock is
present. Then there's still the "Magic Mail Monitor":
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/2576/magic.html

Stephan
--
Stephan Großklaß (7bit: Grossklass)