<CT> Re: Trip down memory lane...

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 22:23:49 -0700 (MST)

On Dec 8, Phillip Dionne wrote to calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>>Especially since this comp is an AMD 486/100 running at the equivalent
>>of 220mhz, so Win31 is pretty zippy on this thing! :)
>How did you ever get the amd 486/100 chip to run at 220mhz?
>I have a 486/100 and it would be great to get more speed out of it.

Well, it's an AMD chip, and AMDs are generally faster than the
equivalent Intel (AMD and Intel use different benchmark systems, so what
AMD clocks as 100mhz is faster than what Intel clocks at 100mhz)...

Now it may not be gospel, but the benchmarking program called Snooper
and another called Speed both clock it in the low 200s...

Needless to say, when my old Win31 desktop from 1 1/2 years ago popped
up, you could have blown me over with a feather! <g>

-=Brian=-