<CT> Re: Suggestions for Calmira

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:58:23 +0100

Stephan Grossklass wrote:

> Just an idea for Calmira: What about a description column in the Find
> dialog?

I'll investigate if it's hard... never doen anything with the
description code. For now, right click on one of the file adn select
OpenParent. This will pop up an icon window, with descriptions.

> Another idea: When you right click on an icon window's title bar, a menu
> with all the open icon windows pops up. Couldn't an option for opening a
> new icon window be added there?

That is the ancestor popup menu. I can't add anything to it, because it
is rebuilt everytime the icon windows changes directory. This popup menu
will be replaced with the familiar win95 combobox (I hope, still
woriting the custom component).

I'll add a 'Go to...' menu item in the Explorer as wellas well.

> BTW: Why doesn't the Run dialog accept Calmira's internal commands? like
> $MinimizePrograms? While we're at $MinimizePrograms: This definitely
> belongs into the taskbar's context menu! (Win95 had such an option there
> from the very beginning...)

Calmira's script interpreter can only execute commands from a script
file, because it relies on the order of certain commands.

A 'Minimize All Windows' item has been added to the taksbar popup menu.

==

Sorry for the delays and all... I hope to upload the final 3.1 release
this month.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter