<CT> Re: Subsystems and more

  • From: "Joshua Brannon" <jbrannon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 06:56:52 -0500

>This would be the ultimate update for Windows 3.1, allowing some software
>that wouldn't run or had problems with Win32s to work.  Here's my next
>question: What skills will these people need, and what should it be coded
>in?  Would Delphi for Windows (1) be appropriate, as you can see, I'm not
>planning to do much coding... HTML is about the extent of my knowledge.

Well, if Microsoft (who has the source code to Windows) couldn't make
Win32s work right, I doubt if anybody else could, either, without getting
their hands on the windows source. (Just my theory. I may be wrong.)

Also, I don't think Delphi 1 would be appropiate, because it's a 16-bit
program, so it creates 16-bit programs. It's possible, but it's a /whole
lot/
harder.

Just my $0.02
Joshua