<CT> Re: Strange things in the screenshot gallery

  • From: Joshua Brannon <jbrannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 08:40:09 -0500 (EDT)

>Although calmira.org is not likely to come under Unisys' gun,
>I choose to do the same and phase out GIF images on the site
>over time. When I converted the screenshots page, I made the >choice to
convert all the shots to JPEG format since I had the >opportunity. Other
GIFs at the site will also eventually become >JPEG or PNG images, given time
and opportunity on my part.

I'd think about that awhile... to get a 640x480 image under 80k in JPEG is
very, VERY lossy. On PNGs: Where in the world can you get a 16-bit browser
that supports inline PNGs???

Joshua Brannon
jbrannon@xxxxxxx