<CT> Re: Speed of light travel

  • From: Bob Groves <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 18:11:49 +0000

At 21/05/2001 07:59:00, you wrote:

>If yer travelin at the speed of light and turn da headlights on what happens??
>
>hmmm... could be quite an interesting thread....  if this thread is gonna
>live, let me know and I'll give my 2cents worth on the subject....
>~don't wanna write a page and have people upset for large irrelevant emails~
>
>Benj
>To unsubscribe, send a message to listar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with
>"unsubscribe calmira_tips" in the body.
>OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org

I don't think you can travel at the speed of light...
your mass would increase towards infinity, thereby
needing an infinite amount of energy to overcome
its inertia.

But even if you *could* travel at that speed you
would see the lights come on as usual... as all frames
aof reference are relative. Or maybe I'm getting Einstein
wrong here? Anyway, when you turn Calmira on your
PC's mass seems to drop:)

--
Bob Groves

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
(Derek Bok)