<CT> Re: ServiceApplication=

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:25:03 +0200

Budd wrote:

> I am running Calmira 3.1 with WFW 3.11 on a 8MB Sharp PC-3010
> laptop.  I have been using Opera as my browser in the "Service
> Application" for launching browsers.  I would like to be able to
> launch Internet Explorer or Netscape in the same fashion, however
> using the =c:\iexplore\iexplore %url% in the file does not
> launch the browser.

Hi,

Remove the %url% part from the ServiceApplication= line, and make sure
the path to iexplore(.exe) and netscape(.exe) is correct. The %url% is
only used when using the CommandLine= method, in case DDE does not work.
See help for details.

3.12 has simplyfied the browser configuration; there is now a tab for it
in the system ptoperties.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter