<CT> Re: Screenshots and 404s

  • From: "Richard Hamilton-Frost" <rich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:25:47 +0100

So, will someone let the list know once all the files are back in place on
calmira.de so I can start a mirror?

are we going to do this how a lot of Linux distros/proggies organise they're
files?

into versions of the product in subfolders?

eg.

 /pub/calmira/3.25
 /pub/calmira/3.12

and have a:

 /pub/calmira/latest

of which is a symlink to the lastest build of calmira?

(the servers will have to be unix-based to support symlinking)

I cant offer an annonymous FTP site right now.. I will offer the files via
http for now though.

>It would be great if somebody could keep a current backup of the entire
site
>on CD, tape, or some other stable backup medium as well as having mirrors.
>I could do this if I had some way to view a list of files and directories
on
>the site.  Would read-only anonomous FTP access to the site's root be a
>possibility, or a read-only backup account?

Well, I will do that if Gaby would send me the site once it is in place or
tar it up so I can download it.

Regards

Richard

It would be great if somebody could keep a current backup of the entire site
on CD, tape, or some other stable backup medium as well as having mirrors.
I could do this if I had some way to view a list of files and directories on
the site.  Would read-only anonomous FTP access to the site's root be a
possibility, or a read-only backup account?

Reid Solberg
http://reid.tk