<CT> Re: Screenshots and 404s

  • From: Gaby.Chaudry@xxxxxxxxxxx (Gaby Chaudry)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:27:30 +0200

Glenn,

> I've mailed my old screenshot to you, hehe!  But, I had it
> in a ZIP file along with the txt file to explain a little about
> this particular system...hope that's OK???

If it's o.k. for you, it's o.k. for me :-)

Btw, there's still a link to calmira.*org* on your website....

> the other utilities I found on my hard drives, one is a
> little taskman replacement, along with a couple of graphical
> type resource monitors and memory compression tools.
> I use a few of my own builds, except for MiniMon...if
> you can't find it, let me know and I'll get it to you.

Mmmh, I see that I've mailed the list of the missing files from the
download page only to you (what has happened to my reply
options???), so here it is again for the whole list:

cal331fr.exe
cal331fr.zip
calm23sp.zip
address.zip
c22users.zip
c22iwin.zip
channel.zip
calclean.zip
calupdt.zip
mcedit.zip
protheme.zip

All other files are already on the server. As for additional tools,
perhaps we should wait till the page is restored. Otherwise I'm afraid
we're running into a big confusion....

> with the old 16 bit operating systems, be that MS DOS 6.22
> or Windows 3.11 (refresh).  Not only that, I have never had
> a total meltdown of the FAT when something such as a
> power failure occured while Win3X was running...can't say
> that about Win9X!

Mmmh, I already had a severe SCSI crash with a FAT meltdown of
my main applications hard disk (drive F:, 800Mb Quantum).... But as
I'm a backup fanatic, nothing important got lost. It just took some
time to write back hundreds of Mbs (with a maximum of 1 Mb/s....).

When something similar occured shortly after that, I bought an 1 Gb
IBM SCSI hard disk and put it near to the computer, telling my F:
drive "if you do this again, you will be changed", pointing to the IBM
disk. From then on, I even didn't have any lost clusters on F: (since
February 2002!)!

They are alive and they know it! ;-)))

Bye, Gaby

--
press any key to continue or any other key to quit