<CT> Re: Screenshots and 404s

  • From: GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:28:15 EDT

Hi Gaby!
I've mailed my old screenshot to you, hehe!  But, I had it
in a ZIP file along with the txt file to explain a little about
this particular system...hope that's OK???
Good job getting a Calmira site up and running!  The
site is looking EXCELLENT!  I forgot to mention some of
the other utilities I found on my hard drives, one is a
little taskman replacement, along with a couple of graphical
type resource monitors and memory compression tools.
I use a few of my own builds, except for MiniMon...if
you can't find it, let me know and I'll get it to you.  I have
kept my utilities stored online at a couple of other sites for
quite a while now, just in case something like this happened.
Anyway, you asked about Dark Sun, and the 404s for the
download links at his sites...I noticed this same problem
probably about a year ago.  I'm not sure what happened
to Dark Sun, at one time he was one of our more prolific
supporters.  He had web sites all across the web also.
I fear that he may have followed others, who like myself
skipped all the Win98, Me etc stuff, but finally had to
give in to XP with the purchase of newer equipment.  The
real shame is that MicroSoft will not allow the old 16 bit
operating systems to be distributed without royalties.
As I've mentioned before, and on other lists, I have yet
to encounter much, if anything, I could not accomplish
with the old 16 bit operating systems, be that MS DOS 6.22
or Windows 3.11 (refresh).  Not only that, I have never had
a total meltdown of the FAT when something such as a
power failure occured while Win3X was running...can't say
that about Win9X!
Well, got to get back to work, so I'll see you later!
Have a good one!
Glenn Gilbreath Jr.
GLENNRPH
aka Wizard57M