<CT> Re: Running WIN3X & XT on the same machine

  • From: changa mwene <mwenechanga@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:18:27 -0700

Win3x will run off of D: with no problems, but there must be a boot
loader in the
MBR (master boot record) of C: that selects which OS to run.  WinXP has
its own
boot loader and I have had no luck configuring it.  If you buy a program
like System
Commander, that's easiest.  LILO is available for free and will boot
(almost) any OS
you like, but it's not easy to setup.  I haven't used it with WinXP, but
it worked with
winNT, and AFAIK they're basically the same thing.