<CT> Re: Quinion Spell Check f/Edit Boxes

  • From: "Mario Pignata" <m.pignata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 23:36:21 +0200
On 9 Jun 01, at 14:53, subject: "<CT> Re: Quinion Spell Check f/Edit"
Erwin Dokter wrote:

> Perhaps because spell.exe is installed as a driver. How about
> putting spell.exe in the applet tray and run it as a program when
> needed?

No luck! Run from the applet tray it asks to be installed. Installed,
does not work until you reboot  and then he's there, like a joker
playing his tricks.

Strangely enough he will behave if you run progman while in Calmira ,
then install it - no need for rebooting - and until progman runs.
Uninstall is compulsory before switching Calmira and windows off or
he'll be there, having his way, next time.

The spelling action gets called by a keyboard shortcut, CTRL+ALT+F12
being the default, once you are in an active edit window and uses the
clipboard for copying and pasting.

I just ran it to test it on these lines I'm writing in Pegasus Mail.
Halfway trough, I opened Calmira's task manager and guess - no trace
of spell.exe there!

On the contrary, if you have spell.exe in Calmira, run and installed
from Calmira, when you open task manager, there he is. (Yeah, well
you might not see a couple of other programs which should be there or
you might see them on and off, but then one is not surprised
anymore).

But then again, as Glenn said, it doesn't happen on all machines so,
maybe, finding a fix is not really worth the trouble. Still, being
curious, the question remains: why is it happening?

Bye,

Mario