<CT> Re: Question about the Win31 list

  • From: Simon Hales <s.hales@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Win31 list <win31@xxxxxxxxxxx>,Calmira_Tips <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:53:51 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

Sounds fine to me, but Sods Law says that as soon as the lists are
merged, the general Win31 traffic on Calmira (or Calmira-specific
traffic on Win31) will increase at a geometric rate, bringing us back to
the set of conditions leading to the creation of Win31 in the first
place, not all that long ago:-)

Lets give it a try, it's not too much pain to split again if traffic
unexpectedly skyrockets, after all.  Please broadcast your intentions
loudly when a decision is reached, so I can update my ~/.procmailrc
settings.  (If traffic gets heavy again, I might just create a local
newsgroup on my Debian box's NNTP server and convert the list mail into
properly threaded Usenet articles, which I can then read using Free
Agent on the Calmira box on my LAN.  Since the news server is free with
Debian, along with just about any other server you could think of,
there's no excuse not to:-)

Regards

Ahmed

My ICQ Number is:- 89224228