<CT> Re: Our Rights

  • From: "John" <spyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 18:39:42 -0500

> Hi,
>
> GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >I don't post many messages to the list
>
> Maybe that's for the best. You raise valid points but I'm sure you could
be
> a little less abrasive in your tone.

I happen to agree with Glenn.  I see nothing wrong with someone voicing
their opinions no matter how strongly they feel about something as long as
it follows the terms of this list. What I find offensive is seeing someone
saying maybe it is for the best that one member or another not post many
messages to the list just for voicing an opinion.  Maybe if more people like
Glenn start posting more messages, this list would turn back to what once
was the busiest list I subscribed too.  There is not one member of this list
that can say they post many messages anyways.  The number of messages that
pass through this list in one month is about the number of messages that
used to pass through this list on a slow day back when everyone actually
discussed using windows 3.1 and calmira.  I guess OT discussion is better
than no discussion however I am getting tired of hearing talk about forcing
a software company to release their software to the public domain just
because the copyright date shows it is expired.  If you notice Windows 2000
shows a copyright date of 1985-1999 so I guess this means Windows 2000
should be released to the public domain, I think not.