<CT> Re: Old NutScrapes...REALLY OLD

  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:14:52 +0200

Am 08:17 11.06.2001 +0100 hat Michael Lennartz geschrieben:

>All DOS-browsers (incl. Arachne) have some problems with dial-up. I
>never succeed with LSPPP or DOSPPD. On the other hand, the

Hello,=20

I use a full network and I have Arachne up and runnig on my Dos-Devel=20
Machine (DJGPP).=20

>Shiva-dialer from the IE-package is very good. It works always and
>with every modem, even with a mobile phone. My personal experience:

I use the Shiva-Dialer from Netscape Personal Dial-In Edition.=20
I have extract it and it works great.

>The DOS-based browsers aren't faster then a WIN-based. The memory
>management of WIN and the multitasking improve the working speed.=20

Arachne is only faster in a full TCP-Network environement.

>Mit freundlichem Gru=DF / Regards / Saluton
>
>Michael Lennartz
>lennartz-mi@xxxxxxx
>Alternative Email-Adressen: mail@xxxxxxxxx
>                            lennartz@xxxxxxxxxx