<CT> Re: OT: Network Card, PC Speaker

  • From: Jason Bees <jason.bees@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 13:47:28 +0000

Hi,

>>Also, there's a M$ program named PC Speaker (I think it's M$) that'll let
>>you play audio through the internal speaker.  The compressed exe is
>>speaker.exe.  Does anyone have a copy of this file?
>
>You shouldn't waste your time... I tried it a long time ago, and it
>sounds *so* bad that you wouldn't recognize what came squacking and
>screeching out of it... :(

I have to disagree. If you don't have a soundcard then this is perfect. Not
the best sound quality I admit, but for little windows event sounds it
works great, and they are perfectly recognisable. I used it for years
before getting a soundcard. The only reason it may have sounded as bad as
you describe was if you had one of those nasty buzzer type beepers instead
of the standard paper-cone speakers.

Go here to download it:
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/MSspeaker/

Jason