<CT> Re: No DOS directory on a computer

  • From: "John" <spyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:13:42 -0500

>One of the kids that I help take care off recently bought a computer from
>her school.  It is a 486/25 and has Windows 3.1 and DOS 6.22 on it.  The
>strange thing I think is that it doesn't have a directory for DOS.  Would
>be safe for me to expand all the DOS files from DOS installation disks
>into a directory for her?

Um, chances are, the hard disk has the DOS system transfered to it via sys
c: from a  DOS Boot disk.  Rather than continue to patch DOS to the drive I
would just run your DOS install set and do a complete install.  Then
reinstall windows to fix the problems her brother caused.

HTH,

John
Webmaster of Spyder Mania
http://www.spydermania.com/