<CT> Re: New Calmira toy for Power Users

  • From: JGrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Stephan Grossklass)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 18:41:02 +0100

> Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 21:55:32 +0100
> From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> New Calmira toy for Power Users

> In anticipation of the next Calmira release, I have created a new Power
> Toy for Power Users; the Calmira Registry Editor!

> Go try it out: download http://www.calmira.org/ It is a beta, so report
> any problems you have to mailto:erwin@xxxxxxxxxxx

Looks nice, and seems pretty speedy to me (haven't tried it on my DX/2,
though). Importing and exporting things isn't implemented yet, so I
couldn't test this. reg.dat still seems to be intact after using (though
not modifying anything with) it ;), and that with a present size of a
whopping 120869 bytes. Hmm, now I added and removed a key with a subkey,
and reg.dat has grown larger, with 120997 bytes. Doing the same in
RegEdit gives the same size as before.

Oh, while we're at future versions of Calmira: Separate history lists
for folders and the Run dialog would be nice - having commands among
folders and vice versa is a bit annoying.

Stephan
--
Stephan Großklaß (7bit: Grossklass)
eMail: mailto:jgrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx | Webmaster: http://www.i24.com/