<CT> Re: New Calmira Installer is online

  • From: Norm Finch <NormF@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 11:24:28 -0500

Erwin Dokter wrote:

> Norm Finch wrote:
> >
> > Erwin, I thought you said the 3.3 installer would save my preferences
> > if I'm simply upgrading.  Just finished the task, and apparently not
> > so.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be better to have the installer wizard ask in every case
> > before overwriting a file?
>
> Doing that would result in "Do you want to overwrite..." dialog a dozen
> times in the entire installation.

Would it be possible to have a "Yes/Yes to All" option configured into the
installer, to end excessive dialog when it's not required and yet still
allow power users the opportunity to control what's happening if need be?
Sometimes, even slogging through a lot of Yes/No queries is easier than the
manual work of repair and replacement after the fact.

> > Hm, on second check ... all my preferences for the Explorer were
> > lost.  :(
>
> Strange, may be you did overwrite it. Are your desktopp shortcuts still
> the same?

Seem to be.

> I did move some options to another section, but not all the Explorer
> options. From what version diod you upgrade?

Version 3.25.

Regards,
Norm
--
   "The chief virtue that language can have is clearness." - Hippocrates
                  -- Peace.  Write well.  Do good work. --