<CT> Re: New Calmira Installer is online

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 17:37:39 +0200

Norm Finch wrote:

> Erwin, I thought you said the 3.3 installer would save my preferences
> if I'm simply upgrading.  Just finished the task, and apparently not
> so.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to have the installer wizard ask in every case
> before overwriting a file?

Hi Norm,

Doing that would result in "Do you want to overwrite..." dialog a dozen
times in the entire installation.

> Hm, on second check ... all my preferences for the Explorer were
> lost.  :(

Strange, may be you did overwrite it. Are your desktopp shortcuts still
the same?

I did move some options to another section, but not all the Explorer
options. From what version diod you upgrade?

> For the wish list -- any chance of getting the progress bar on the
> Copy popup to reflect bytes progress rather than filenames progress?

Being worked on...

> BTW, didn't there used to be a fourth option in the shutdown popup
> of "change users"?

It was removed because it was too unstable.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter