<CT> Re: New Calmira Installer is online

  • From: Norm Finch <NormF@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 13:06:02 -0500

Erwin, I thought you said the 3.3 installer would save my preferences
if I'm simply upgrading.  Just finished the task, and apparently not
so.  It did ask whether it should overwrite my CALMIRA.INI file, but
that was all.  After installation, the new Windows Explorer didn't
know that I had descriptions enabled.  I had to go in and reset that
by hand. The DESCRIPT.ION file in my Calmira folder seems to have been
overwritten (can't seem to find a number of entries I had there) ...
and, oh drat!, my custom SHUTDOWN.BMP file was overwritten by the
generic one.  :)

Wouldn't it be better to have the installer wizard ask in every case
before overwriting a file?

On the other hand, other than those few nits, so far it appears to be
another nice piece of work!

Regards,
Norm Finch
--
"The chief virtue that language can have is clearness." - Hippocrates
               -- Peace.  Write well.  Do good work. --