<CT> Re: Networking Win31(Calmira) and Win95

  • From: Bob Groves <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:35:48 +0000

At 15/01/2001 22:29:00, you wrote:

>> I thought I would post to the list to see if anyone can point me to an
>> answer or website that would help me get networking going on the old
>> machine.  Now one thing I haven't done yet is connect a cable between the
>> two computers while attempting to get the network going on the ps2..

If this is not WfW your talking about, then you probably need the
Microsoft Network Client version 3.0 for MS-DOS (which should be available
at M$ site... however, if not let me know and I'll upload it for your
edification).
Correctly installed, this will allow networking to WfW, Win95, Win98 WinME
and probably a lot of other machines :)

(I should know... I'm using it at home!)

>there is a free networkin system for dos and win3.1 called powerlan. can't
>remember what the url is.

I've got that one too, but I don't rate it much. Too complex and cumbersome
for what it does.
--
Bob Groves

'A place to stay, enough to eat,
Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street,
Where you can speak out loud about your doubts and fears,
And what's more -- no one ever disappears,
You never hear their standard-issue kicking in your door.'
(Roger Waters: The Gunners Dream)