<CT> Re: Monitor

  • From: Billy Wong <bhs1989@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:48:34 -0400

On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 07:37:40 -0500 "Ross Nelson" <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> The monitor isn't generic, the driver is.

Ross, if this is the case, then you should not have difficulty of at
least finding one of the company's drivers for the monitor.  Chances are
they have a generic SVGA driver all their own.  If they don't - then you
can say you are screwed.  :-(

> >SVGA or plain VGA model?   To my understanding, its not the
> monitor, its

> I'm guessing SVGA, since there's a WinfWG3.11 driver for SVGA that
> works on it...somewhat.

   I had a similar scenario with my sister's monitor, which is a Compaq
14" model.  And I took a guess it was SVGA (and was right).  Although not
Win3.11, I couldn't find her exact Compaq model driver under Win95.  I
had to select the "Compaq SVGA" driver which works with all Compaq SVGA
screens.  She's running 800x600 High Color - probably the best her screen
can do.  Initially I used Win95's  vanilla SVGA driver, but that didn't
cut the mustard.

   ___Billy Wong___
   BHS1989@xxxxxxxx
   http://www.geocities.com/billythekid1602445