<CT> Re: Monitor

  • From: Billy Wong <bhs1989@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 11:57:58 -0400

On Sun, 01 Apr 2001 07:13:07 -0500 "Ross Nelson" <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> Right now, I use a generic256/640*480 driver for my 486.  Just
wondering,
> would another generic monitor driver allow more colors/higher
> resolution, or would I need to know the specific monitor?  If a new
generic one
> would work, does anyone have any suggestions?

   In a way you have to know what your monitor is (check the back of the
monitor for brand and model number...  it can't be THAT generic even
though there's no brand name shown on the front of the unit).  Is it a
SVGA or plain VGA model?   To my understanding, its not the monitor, its
the video card on your PC - if the card can do the higher resolution
and/or colors, chances are your monitor can too.

BTW I am using a "generic" monitor (a Delta/Arcus MA-1450 15" SVGA) and
it took a bit of time for me to find the actual Windows drivers.
Currently running 1024x768 High Color (non-interlaced) on it for now.

   ___Billy Wong___
   BHS1989@xxxxxxxx
   http://www.geocities.com/billythekid1602445