<CT> Re: Minor annoyances in Calmira, suggestions

  • From: JGrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Stephan Grossklass)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 21:15:40 +0100

> Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 03:27:32 +0100
> From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> Re: Minor annoyances in Calmira, suggestions

[New icon window vs. usage of an existing one]

> Thsi may be resolved in the next issue. For now, the Open Folder command
> from the desktop menu has your disired effect.

Yes, but this is pretty hard to reach...

[strange things with 256 color icons and link arrows]

> Can't help ou there. Win 3.1 'officially' does not support 256 color
> icons in the first place (but will display them). 256 color icons have
> their own, non-fixed pallete, and when drawing the arrow (with a fixed
> pallete) over it, it forces the icon to adapt to that fixed pallete.

Thanks for the explanation.

[distinguishing the various 'win' keys]

> Sorry, can't be done. It would require rewriting the keyboard driver.
> Under windows 3.1, the win key, along with all other non-standard keys,
> generate a 0xFF?? scancode. All non standard keys use a double scancode,
> but windows 3.1 only passes the first byte.

Ah, didn't know that. Then it's not possible, of course.

> From: "John" <spyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> Re: Minor annoyances in Calmira, suggestions
> Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:54:08 -0500

> Stephan, why not just turn off the shortcut arrow in the desktop properties
> dialog?  After all many Win95 users hack their registry to stop the arrows,

Or they use TweakUI, of course.

> calmira has that option readily available <G>!

Sure, but I never disliked the shortcut arrows... I'll try that
anyway...

Stephan
--
Stephan Großklaß (7bit: Grossklass)