<CT> Re: Microsoft discontinuing support for Win3

  • From: "John" <spyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 00:10:11 -0400

I agree with brian here, also in the US copyrights are good for upto so many
years past the last year shown.  I believe this number is 11 years which
would mean Microsoft will need to do something tricky to keep the copyright
alive,  unless somehow they can claim copyright continued through out the
various versions of windows but I am not sure, I am no copyright expert...

Dont expect Windows 3x to ever be completely legally abandonware....  Unless
Linux triumphs and over throws Microsoft of course <g>

-John-